Monday, 14 June 2010

Staying Awake

Its 12.30am and my eyes are tired.
I am doing everything I possibly can to stay awake.
I may have pushed through the sleep barrier, which means I will have trouble sleeping later.
It doesn't matter though.
I want to be awake when my love walks through the door.
I want to see his eyes and kiss his lips and breathe again.
All week I have been holding my breath.
Its been a long few weeks.

They say that absence makes the heart grows stronger.
I think it depends what you are doing in that absence.

Being involved has helped.
Having a regular text update of how he was and how his competition was going on, really helped.
He is notorious for being a goldfish. Last time I went away, I stuck messages on mirrors, kitchen cupboards and all around the bedroom to remind him to text me. He has a self confessed 'Goldfish syndrome'. But this time, he has really pulled it out of the bag.
I think it has contributed to pulling me out of my insanity fruitcake.
He's even good at that without being in the same country and without knowing what's gone on.
Now that's a gift!

Keeping very busy has also helped.
Having a 'week to myself', where Ive been on many courses, enjoyed laughter and a bottle or two with friends has been good for my soul.
Ive also done things I really wanted to do and taken a step back to reboot and take stock.
Now I can see what needs to be done
4 weeks till my run...whoops I didn't realise that until now.
I watched the movie 'Fat Boy Run' this evening and it has re-inspired me to get out there and train.
6 weeks till I leave my job.
7 weeks till I complete my Bridesmaid Duties
7-9 weeks till our Adventure Begins!

Its nearly 1am and its now officially Monday Morning, and waiting in the half light is like waiting for midnight on Christmas eve...

2 comments:

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

Good luck with all of the things ahead of you!

Coconut Butterfly said...

Thank you. I am a bit scared about leaving, but excited at the same time. I will be writing down on this blog and the other blog I write.