Ok, I am here again after a while.
I didn't go anywhere.
I was just kind of wandering around in my own thoughts.
Too many things going around in my head to write. But....at the start of my holiday I feel ready to 'deal' or rather 'forget' all the stuff that has happened at work+friends+life and start again.
And breathe...and reboot.
So, today...
I ran 3km. Funny isn't it. When I started out I couldn't even run for a whole minute. The cigarettes in my bag were calling me to take another slow drag and the chocolates were calling even louder. And now, after 4 months the cigarettes still call to me, but I have something back to say to them...I am working on what to say to the chocolates though!
And so I ran today and it felt good.
Its all preparation for the 10km race in September. My sister and I ran the 5km at the end of June and it was amazing. Amazing because we ran non stop and amazing because we did it. It wasn't about how fast we could do it. In fact, as we started, we made a pact to stop after a while and enjoy it, but as 5 minutes turned into 9 and 13 minutes turned into 21, it was as if both of us were thinking the same thing.
"Could we carry on running a little further?"
"Could we keep going?"
Well, we did, and after 43 minutes, we ran like rockets across the finishing line into the arms of both our other halves who praised us. We felt like we had come first. We did. It was certainly a first for both of us.
And so what now? Well, keep running I suppose. I'm eating good food, reading books I enjoy and not consuming my life with negative people or benign television. I am writing again. And all and all it feels good.
I don't know how far I have yet to go, but I know I have come quite far.
No comments:
Post a Comment