
The pieces of our jigsaw are scattered across the living room floor.
It is a wonderful allegory of my present self.
Pieces of understanding that will fit together in time.
Understanding is what I seek.
Confusion is all I feel now and I'm trying to make sense of it all in scattered pieces.
The irony of it, is that it isn't a traditional jigsaw. A jigsaw would be easy, picture on the box matches the pieces of the jigsaw. Something to follow. Something to aim for.
The puzzle however is a wasgij. The picture on the box doesn't match the picture I am making. You look at the box, and there is a man in the picture, and the puzzle matches what that man sees. Its both crazy and brilliant at the same time. The pieces are all gathered together by colours and patterns and every now and then, 2 or 3 or 4 pieces are joined together and then that's it. Time to sit in a different position and gather more.
Never was there a more apt way to describe my life and the decisions I have to make, than this puzzle on the floor. So many decisions, or rather, the bravery it takes to make them, because the decision has already been made.
The opportunity has finally come. In days gone by, I held the key to opportunity without the door in which to unlock. In other times, I saw the door and my hand was empty, no keys had or, or method to unlock it.
I have both now and for a while the door is opened. I can see here, my present, but I cant see there, my future.
The journey begins with just one step.
And so, as I walk towards the open door, I wonder how much courage I have to walk through it. To walk through and start a new life.
To solve the puzzle, to gain that understanding.
The adventure begins.
(image by Mark Cappittella)
No comments:
Post a Comment