Wednesday, 27 January 2010

The View

The view you have depends on which way you are looking.

Today I was driving to work. ordinary day, ordinary January morning trying to promise goodness, but delivering dreariness. I looked into my rear view mirror and noticed the most intense pink sky. It was as if it was telling to to 'hang in there'. A place of hypocrisy in a place where there should be none is making it hard for me to do things with the same fervour as before.

And then I looked forward and then up. Before me was a rainbow. Not an ordinary rainbow, but a pink cloud one. I looked with intent to check that I wasn't imagining it, or even wishing it. But there is was. A full arc of stunning cerise. I had to pull over. It was brilliant. It had been created with brilliance. It was wonderful. It was a gift. And I accepted it gladly.

No comments: