Friday, 22 May 2009

The day has arrived finally




After waiting for what feels an eternity, today has arrived. no more 'eve eve eve' or 'just Wednesday'. Its here. Leaving Day.

Having the day off and getting an extra hour in bed certainly has made the difference. I survey the flat and wonder why again I have to tidy up. Its like having little pixies who create havoc in the middle of the night. Damn those pixies!

So, everything is ready. Well it is since I packed last Sunday. The thing is I washed various items which have to now stow away int he luggage. Mr W not going to be very happy.

So I hear you ask...'how are you going to fill your car with two paragliders, three people, some compulsory rations and some luggage. Well....I'm not sure, but Im not getting into that. I want to be able to sit tomorrow night outside surveying the wonderful landscape and ponder on what the week will bring. Its funny though, you spend a lot of time being excited about the event you are planning, and sometimes, the event doesn't live up to the anticipation.

I know I'm going to be on my own for most of the time as Mr W and friend will be flying around as they are experienced pilots already. Its me that feels like a baby0bird. Looking out of the nest and wondering what it will be like to fly, but knows that its going to take time. I suppose after being very good at my job, its back to be the inexperienced again. The little one. Sigh.

I know that this is probably the best experience that could happen to me at the moment. Its the unknown. Its out of my comfort zone. Its a risk, but its also trying not to listen to my parents who are filling my head with every worst case scenario that could happen.

All I know is that I don't know what will happen. It will be different and it will be what it will be.

Now enough pondering and get packing.

I'll let you know what happened... :)

No comments: