
What are hiccups? I am a random hiccuper...I can be literally doing nothing and then suddenly out of the blue, I can be hiccuping for a couple of minutes and then it goes away.
The best bit is when I get out of bed with hiccups. That means that I will have hiccups all day. My dad used to say when I was little that every time I hiccuped I grew a tiny little bit...well at 34 years old and 5'4'' , that wonderful story didn't come true...shame...
...which started me thinking why things happen?
I had a dream last night. As dreams go, it was rather weird. I was standing at the top of a very windy and cold large hill with a plastic faded duck as a birdbath and frogspawn all around it (told you it was weird). I had arrived there after some exciting event that had happened in my dream, what I cant remember because the nature of dreams are that you seem to forget their very essence the moment you wake up...why is that? Are they the key to some elixir that we are not meant to know?
Anyhow back to the duck and the frogspawn...something of great importance fell down this hill. I say hill, but it was a sheer decline of about 80%. I knew that this thing that had fallen, I can't remember but it was shaped in a rectangle...a book?...a frame?...I cant remember...I knew that this was very bad news as it was the thing we had come to rescue. I think it was meant to be there as another event would happen as a result of it being there (too much time-travelling reading on my part I think).
I looked down at this hill for sometime and knew logically that I couldn't go down, that the laws of physics were against me. I even saw someone try and fail and tumble to (I think) their apparent death, if not into a million pieces!
Even so, I know that it was important and I knew what my decision had to be. I knew that I had to rescue it whatever the cost. I knew that I had to try. I knew it was up to me. I went to move...
...and then in my dream I felt arms from behind me grab me around my waist to stop me...
...and I woke up and felt arms behind me grab me around my waist...
I had woken up from my dream at the exact moment I was about to jump...
I had been woken from my dream by the man who shares my love and my life.
The same man who looks into my eyes and makes me feel that no words need to be said. That everything is understood, that emotions are synchronised...it is in that exact moment that I know I have everything I need.
The path that led me here has not been easy or well lit and there were many tunnels. But waking up and seeing the man whom you love with all of your heart and who you know loves you back with the same intensity makes any tasks worthwhile.
One can put up with a thousand demons for the sake of an angel...
No comments:
Post a Comment