Monday, 18 May 2009

I have a dream

I used to be really great at work.

That's a lie actually...

I used to be brilliant.

Nothing was too much for me, nothing I couldn't do bigger and better than anyone else. I lived to work. Everything I touched turned to gold after some extremely hard graft.

But now...I don't seem to have it in me anymore. Don't get me wrong, I'm still really good at what I do. Its not trumpet blowing. I know that I have the ability to do what I do well.

But now, things have started to change. Things I used to be excited about, don't excite me anymore. The prospect of working all weekend doesn't fill me with pride, it fills me with dread. Maybe I have given all I have and maybe I don't have anything left to give. I know its not my age, as I have never let that bother me before. I suppose I have a new dream, and knowing me, once I make my mind up, I wont be satisfied until I get it.

I find myself thinking about new pastures and greener pastures. I know, the grass isn't always greener, but isn't it better to walk barefoot in the slight less greener grass, than to spend a lifetime wondering what things would have been like if you had only made that decision.

Its 6 days till I start my paragliding course. I may love it...I may hate it. Who knows? I know for certain that I will be rubbish at it for a while and then something will click and I will understand. I always understand after a bit of study. Not naturally clever me, have to persevere. I still hear my granny sticking up for me as an 8 year old child.

I have travelled a long way in a year. A year has taken me to places new and exciting and places where I have come to know myself for the first time. The people who have accompanied my journey have helped me to grow and nurtured me and let me be truly me. Who knows where my journey will take me in another year.

I hope to walk in Lemon groves and feel the sunshine on my neck before my loved one kisses me and I turn to smile towards him and be happy how lucky I am...

I have a dream...

No comments: