Saturday, 19 September 2009

I am a runner.

I have only just realised this.

And it feels so good.

I rememember when I started this blog, it was to help me through my 1 minute run and 3 minutes walk starting phase. That first minute nearly killed me! I had smokers lungs and body to boot. Gradually (I dont know how) I have managed to creep up to as much as I can run in one go.

I have recently ordered two running books. I looked at the programme where it starts for 2 minutes walking and 1 minute running. I caught myself looking at the bottom of the schedule to where it said '30 minutes running'. Now thats more like it. Its funny isnt it! 6 months ago, the prospect of running 30 minutes would have put me off and now it doesnt.

I dont run in times any more, it only makes me stop. Mentally I think about running around the park and that is 2 km. Today I am going to try and manage 2 times around the park. And tomorrow three. I have my 10 km race next Sunday and so I have to try and see how far I will go.

After this? Well If Ive run 5km and 10km, then I suppose I will have to try for a half marathon?

See...Im a runner :)

No comments: