Some people call them divine intervention, some people call them coincidences, and others don't even recognise them as anything at all.
I know what I believe.
With the age of technology, it is so easy to do anything. For example.
Here I am searching for music to download as my race is 8 days away and today I managed to listen to the Radio as my music has been surpassed again. I have now 4 folders for music. Gradually telling the story of my rise to running. The first few folders helped me run 5 minutes or more, but little else. My last folder helped me run through Spain which Mr Pilot was paragliding his socks off. Those morning runs were wonderful and filled with all the promises of the day. Of course getting a tan was a bonus!!
So now, a week away and no music to inspire me...and that's what I need, inspiration. (By the way...the word inspiration comes from the word Spirit!)
Soo..... here I am downloading my tracks, I am very proud of myself of course, I always am when I don't have to rely on someone else.
I hear some music playing out the window and go over to it. Its a hot day and so I lean out (not too far - I live on the third floor). I see a man packing his car and the music is fast and its what I'm looking for. Obviously I don't know it and I have no way of shouting over 'Hey Mister...whats that song?'. And as time gradually passes I find myself unable to move my legs because my muscles have decided after a week that I have over done it (coupled with the fact that I danced my socks of literally till 4am last Saturday at a wedding)...Anyhow I digress as usual.
The words gradually appear over the thumping music, which I am sure will wake up most of the neighbours. I recognise the tune, the words, but the message isn't clear. Its in a fog. Its as if its on the tip of my tongue and I cant get it. Its like I am trying to remember a dream, but it just doesn't come and the more I try and search, the more I try to grab and hold onto it, the further away it goes from me. Its like trying to catch one of those dandelion seeds that floats on the wind. Its
like trying to catch a butterfly, as Mr Pilot and I tried to last weekend to no avail.And then breakthrough!
The music is haunting, the words even more so. Ive seen the film. Yes, and no surprise, I have cried at the film. See if you can guess it: Its where the Spaniard walks through fields of corn to see his wife and child. Only this isn't a dream, and it isn't life either. He has just defeated his enemy in battle. He has avenged his family's horrific death. The words of the song are in Hebrew and translated means 'now we are free'. When I downloaded this and heard it as I heard it pumping through the car over an hour ago. Guess what - I cried. I believe that this was a message sent to me. Call it divine intervention, call it coincidence. I know what I call it.
Its the song I want to cross the finishing line to, in more ways than one. Its beautiful, its tragic. It inspires my very soul to reach for anything in the whole world.
It fills me to the very top.
I am no longer empty.
I am me.
No comments:
Post a Comment