Wednesday, 14 July 2010

Writing a journal

I have written a journal since I started university in 1995. It was mainly a small book with a collection of poems and a few of my own.

Fast forward 15 years later and I have two boxes filled with my journals. They have a variety of different things inside them. I went through phases of sticking in receipts and tickets and a variety of what-nots. Then they included photos and then they included cards. I suppose, it is a journey of my life rather than a journal. I don't write personal details in it, its not like a diary, but it certainly allows me to show my heart on a page.

Then I found out about blogging and the journalling and journeying continue.
I suppose it helps me make sense of things in the dark.

I enjoy finding people who do the same.

http://www.ourlivesourstories.com/

1 comment:

CMZ Art/ Rustic Goth said...

I think it's great that you kept the little "bits and snippets" of your life in your journal...those little 'reminders' of special moments and memories are so priceless.
Occasionally I like to go on a little 'treasure hunt' and look through the little bits and snippets that I've collected...it 'takes me back' and is so very necessary at times.