Wednesday, 5 August 2009

An accumilation of fears

Its interesting how many fears you can develop as a child that continue to annoy you well into adulthood.

To be afraid of spiders, fear of water, fear of heights, fear of large dogs. Where do all these come from?

I am sure that most of the fears I accumilated as a child have no reason to be in my adult life, but still they remain.

Today, for example, we went swimming. I cant put my face under the water and if someone splashes water up my nose, I panic and I cant breathe. Its wierd I know, but I cant help it.

I also have a fear of large dogs, which is why I would like a Daschund (small and unable to knock you off your feet) Which is what happened to me as a child!

I am also scared of the 'You see..I told you' look/conversation. Maybe this is why I am reluctant to start anything new...just in case the 'You see..I told you' voice starts ringing in my ears.

Thank goodness I have people in my life that make me do things that ordinarily I wouldnt. I can be quite a stubborn thing sometimes - as well they know!

Anyway, I think its about time I left these fears behind. Who knows...maybe the 'You see..I told you' may be used for some positive!

No comments: