Sunday, 6 December 2009

I was rescued today.

I put the key into the lock and I could feel the tears coming. Unitl now, I wasnt actually going to cry. I was just angry. I spent the past 5 minutes getting more cross by the steps I was taking. But then once home, the tears came.

It was not the end of the world. It wasnt even the end of anything actually. I felt though that I had been beaten. The battle had beaten me and now I was going home defeated.

'They are ruined!' was all I managed to say as I cried into his t-shirt and leave a shroud of turin mark where I had sobbed. 10 minutes earlier I had left with a smile on my face, and here I was returning raining tears across my saddened face.

I had gone out for a run and after a few steps realised that the stictch I had in my side was going to be a pain for the whole of my run. I would try and ignore it for as much as I could and not turn around so easily. Then a puddle, and then two faced my on my path. Bravely, or so I thought, I went onto the grass. It must be drier I thought...well...

the more I went into the grassy haven, the more I realised that the green carpet was soaked, and every step I took, took me further into the ocean of mud and sludge and wet.

I couldnt turn back as it was wet where I came and so I thought I would keep going to get around the puddle. Big mistake. My trainers started to capsize and then started to sink. My feet squelched, the two-pairs of socks armour did nothing to protect it. My run was over. I was defeated. I emerged back onto the path and stomped home. The problem was made a thousand times worse, because they are my new trainers, and I spent a lot of money on them, and so you see they are ruined.

However, after peeling off my socks and wiping away my frustrated tears, I see my love shoving tissues in them to soak up the demon water and pull the laces out which are now sodden with mud. He stops everything he is doing. He rescued me. He made me feel safe, he made me feel calm. He wiped the worry lines from my brow with a simple yet effective hug. It is not ruined. It gave me a chance to see my love as a mender. He mended my problem. He mended my heart. He mends my sorrows and he even mended the heater that was broken!! And I love him - he knows that. Not just for today. But for every day.

All is not ruined.
My trainers are being mended and are drying out under the heater.
All is well.

No comments: