Sunday, 27 December 2009

What do I need?

I need restoration.

I need an intimate counsel, and I know that counseling leads to deep restoration.

I have issues in my heart that need speaking to. Some of my wounds were enough to break my heart, they created a rift in my soul, and so I need healing as well.

I need someone strong enough to walk me into it— sometimes through the help of another person who can listen, sometimes with someone alone.

I need someone to lead me away, to a quiet place, to restore my soul.

My first choice is to go there—to slow down, unplug, accept the invitation to come aside. I won’t find healing in the midst of the Matrix.

I need time.

This often comes on the heels of issues being raised in my heart or after I've just relived an event that takes us straight to that broken place, or waking as I did to a raw emotion.

When we are in his presence, removed from distractions, we are able to hear him more clearly, and a secure environment has been established for the broken places in our hearts to surface.

Adapted from John Eldredge - Waking the dead

No comments: