
It is Tuesday already??? Where did the weekend go? Now…when was the last time I did exercise?
Well, actually I have been exercising all weekend with the family and children and it was a lovely weekend. From biking to running after my niece and nephew to walking up a huge hill, I think all in all, even if I have veered off the spreadsheet a little, I still have been quite active and really enjoyed it all.
Yesterday, Easter Monday, BF took me to Wales to Paraglide. It was really great. He has a new wing and harness and went to try it up a very big hill. I have walked up this particular hill before, but oh my goodness, it was hard! After a good 45 minutes walking uphill at 50% incline, we go to the top. All I was carrying was the water bottle, fruit and a book to read. BF was carrying a huge paraglider weighing 20kg. (I’m sure he will contest to that!)
After a while of waiting for the right wind conditions, BF launched and flew brilliantly. My job is chief photographer but I was to busy looking at the way he was flying before I got the camera out. He mooched about the air for a while and then disappeared higher and higher. I got my book out and fell asleep. 2 hours later, when I looked into the sky, I realised he wouldn’t be landing here and checked my phone. NO RECEPTION!!! Moved a little then had a phone call immediately! Typical phone networks!
He had landed 60km away and it was my job to go and find him…how cool was that…extreme treasure hunting! I put in the longitude and latitude coordinates into the SAT NAV and I was off… an hour and a half later…I hit the jackpot! After a lovely cup of tea and cake in a random cheese shop by the side of the road, we drove home. All in all, a great day out.
So maybe no ‘running’ today, but I was active! I even ended the night with ‘Guitar Hero’ on PS3. Followed by: ‘please can we have one……please…please…’
Sunday was great too. I got up early after staying over at my sister’s house Saturday night, had breakfast and after generally mooching about with the kids, went to parents house to eat the traditional roast dinner…and it was very nice. I then went into the front garden to fix my 12 year old bike that hasn’t been ridden for ages. Good old BF and the variety of tools/spray/cloths in his van. It is lovely and shiny and ready to ride. I have a new bike helmet too (which BF says it’s a bit excessive) what’s wrong with a full-face helmet? My ears get cold when I cycle! Then off to ride it to the sea front before back to eating more Easter eggs at home. Dammit!
So after a lovely weekend with the people whom I love, I need to get back to thinking about getting back on schedule. This evening, as long as I’m not too tired before babysitting, my sis and I are going to run. She may not stick to the spreadsheet, but after all the food that’s been consumed after this long weekend, I think I’m just going to run my socks off!
I’m not sure I’m going to be able to rest this week!
No comments:
Post a Comment