Friday, 10 April 2009

Running by the seaside

Today was great. Woke up in my childhood bed in my parent’s house after sleeping like a baby! I was so snug, I wanted to stay in a little longer, but I’m not going to get fit staying in bed…can you imagine if that worked???

I looked out of the window and it was wet. Was it raining or had it rained? I get dressed quick before the weather decides to change and give me a little shower.

This is the last day of me running for one minute and walking for three. Starting Monday, I will be running for 6 minutes punctuated by two minutes of walking. How cool is that. I made it one week! Well actually I still have my Sunday training to do, but I’m going out dancing on Saturday night with my sister, so I may use that as my training time (heheheh.) Plus we are having a dinner on Sunday, which probably means eating too much – you have to at my parent’s house – it’s a Spanish tradition. ‘What you weigh less than 60kg? Eat!’ You get the picture!

So I get ready and go outside, and it was different. Running around the seaside roads was wonderful. As I went towards the sea front however, I find the wind almost too cold and head back to run around the roads where I started. Bluebells, daffodils, little birds chirping here and there; I think I may have travelled to Oz! The only thing annoying me is my earphones keep popping out!

The running seems to be over too quickly, I’m looking forward to kicking things up a notch next week. In 10 weeks time I will be running my first 5km race with my sis, and in 6 weeks time I will be in France getting my elementary pilots licence with my BF. I’m quite excited, although it doesn’t quite seem real at the moment. I suppose it will when I’m out there.

Then I spent the rest of the day tidying my room…I knew I was home then.

Maybe I will be able to go out to play tomorrow!

1 comment:

Coconut Butterfly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.