
Today was brilliant.
It was a lovely hot sunny day from the moment I woke up to the moment the sun set. I feel rested and really happy. My bottom however, that’s another story. Saddle sore!
BF and I left this morning with two rucksacks. His as small enough to carry a crumb and an atom, mine to carry the world, his wife, the kitchen sink and a variety of different crap that I obviously would not even be needed if WW3 started, but there you go!!
Of course, BF, as always the eternal gentleman carried my rucksack which now contained an extra coat as it was starting to get even hotter.

1st stop - Tesco’s. I brought a brilliant watch yesterday that tells the time, your heart rate, your bank balance and probably how much food you have in your fridge, if I can just find the right button to press.! We had to stop, because BF was so impressed by it that he wanted one. It comes with a free heart monitor which you have to have ECG gel or saliva (ewww) Yes you guessed what we used...(ewwwwww).
2nd stop - So, leaving Tesco’s with new watch and a lovely bike saddle cushion (I’m never good at sticking to the list- I was going to buy some crudités and hummus, but BF was not having any of it - also there is now no room in the rucksack!!!). We then head off to the river. We come across a cool park where we dodge a few stinging nettles, various dogs and decide to sunbathe for a while on a park bench.
Back on the bike and head towards a road to nowhere, and decide to take a pit stop in a Sailing Marina which has boats for £139,000!! WHAT???
BF and I think we should 'pretend' to buy one, but knowing that we have absolutely NO knowledge in boats, we head off towards the pub.
Half a Guinness later, I’m now feeling a bit hungry and a little bit tipsy. Next half and a HUGE roast dinner later, we realise that we have to cycle back and it’s a lonnnnngggg way home. We (I mean me) think about locking the bikes up and catching the bus back, but get on the bike an
yway.A good 27 minutes later, we are back home and although my back is a little red, and BF is a delicious brown tanned colour, mooching o'clock on the sofa has arrived. We watch a film and although I try hard not to fall asleep, the comfort of BF arms, and his heart beating, lull me into a beautiful sleep ( I always do this in films, its notorious!) and awake with the usual "What’s going on?"..."Who’s that"..."I’m confused"...
So all in all – a lovely day out.
No comments:
Post a Comment