Monday, 20 April 2009

Week 3 - 7 minutes of running...

I thought those first two minutes were going to finish me off!!

I have done a full days work - the first after two weeks of generally mooching about, chsing after kids, laying floorboards with BF and consuming vast amount of chocolate bunnies.

Back to work and back to reality.

After a good weekend..surprising really as I only packed light and thought I would be home sooner. A weekend of bending and stretching...surely that is some kind of exercise. (Maybe the 2 beers were a mistake).

So I start work today, with 5 weeks left to learn as much as I can about Paragliding and a bit of tidying to do after arriving back here with a suitcase which seems to have 'exploded' over the floor. I have some work to do, and after going to the postoffice to get my new mp3 and ear phones (for running) and Paragliding Book I run to the park.

Why is it that the first couple of minutes try to persuade you to go home and just continur mooch o'clock. Anyhow, I persevere, found some good tunes and just keep running. Its funny, but the running bit I enjoy more than the 2 minutes of walking in between. I still find it a bit difficult to run more than a minute at a time, but Im getting there.

As I run my third minute a beautiful butterfly crosses my path and weaves between my legs. It was fantastic...a very peaceful and gentle.

After the fifth minute of running, I spy a skateboarder coming towards me. I wonder if I could learn that too? Then he stops behind me and I keep on running. Not paranoid, just sensible.

I cant see anybody else running this evening, only dog walkers. This makes me a bit sad, until I see someone coming towards me with their running partner on a bike. That makes me feel a bit better and also cant wait to get BF on the bike too.

So I arrive home, witness my exploded suitcase and decide to leave it till later so I can concentrate on my work. The joys of teaching!

:)

No comments: