Thursday, 23 April 2009

Whats it all about?

I have been thinking this for most of the afternoon.

What are the priorities we have in life? Are they the ones that matter? Are they the ones which give us as much love as we give?

I used to be a coconut. Hard to crack...very difficult to control and almost impossible to convince to do things anyway but her own way in her own time! My sister will tell you that I can be a pain in the ass sometimes and sometimes quite obstinate...only I find myself these days being much less so. How has the things I have been through shaped the way I now think? More about how I became a coconut butterfly another day.

I am thankful for so much in my life. My sister has been through hell and back and still finds the energy and enthusiasm to kick negativity where it hurts. I have walked with her through hell and back, and I would do it again. It has made her stronger, and it has made me more tolerant. I would walk through hot coals for her.

I also used to be a fruitcake - running away in my mind at the slightest problem. Until I met someone, who from the very first time, grounded me. Which is ironic, as he spends most of his time in the sky. He is my sunshine and my laughter, my passion and my desire. Being with him, I have enough air to breath, my smile would power the whole of the city of London, my eyes sparkle. Its thanks to him that my cake has less fruit in these days! How truly blessed am I.

And so in answer to what it is all about. Its my love for the people in my life. That is what it is all about. Not work, or problems or crappy stuff that your past reminds you of now and again. I was once told 'Seeds of tomorrow are always planted in the darkest of times'....now my flowers are blossoming and I am so happy and thankful for what I have today...

No comments: